Tuesday 17 January 2012

52 Week Challenge: Colour Block Mani

Okay, so I apologise for being such an awful blogger recently! I've been feeling pretty under the weather with it being so cold and icy outside that I haven't really wanted to do anything, let alone paint my nails. But I've sucked it up to post this weeks entry for the 52 week challenge...finally.
This weeks was colour block, now being a bit dippy, I thought colour block was just plain coloured nails, but oh no. After a quick snoop on google/youtube looking at pictures and tutorials, I found out what colour block manis actually are.
I originally wanted to go bold and bright, but I thought against that and toned it down with some foil colours. For this mani I used all three foils from BarryM - Gold, Silver and Lilac. I then used a nail art pen to draw the lines. I'm quite pleased with how this turned out! So pleased I actually did it on my right hand too.
If you're partaking in this challenge, leave your blog post link in the comments below and I will add them to the post!

6 comments:

  1. Hey these are neat. They remind me of stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colors! I have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy Plowman-Pennock18 January 2012 at 00:58

    This is so cute and I love your color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaki's right, they do look like stained glass. :) Poor thing, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete