Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tuesday Nail Mail

Guys! Guys, hello? Is this thing on? *taps microphone* OH MY GOD. Today I got one of THE best Nail Mail's of my life. No, this isn't an exaggeration, I actually did. Not only did I cross of two polishes from my wish list, I also managed to get 2 of the most 'lusted after' polishes for less than £20, yes, for TWO.
Can you tell what they are yet? If you're from the UK, then you'll know how expensive OPI can get, retailing at around £10.50 it's definitely more of a splurge brand than a regular drugstore brand. So you can imagine my surprise when I found both Absolutely Alice AND Mad As A Hatter for £9.44 each on eBay. Now I know this is still a bit on the expensive side, but when you're seeing them selling on eBay for £20 each, you know you have yourself a bargain. Luckily for me, I had just gotten paid when I saw these too, even though I had to pay bills, I just couldn't let these go to waste, not to mention MAAH sold out in less than an hour.

Aren't they so pretty!
The best news of all for me, is that they're not fake OPI's either! I was a bit dubious that with the price being so low for both of them, that there was a chance they could be fake. But after close inspection from a polish addict, I can happily confirm they are not! :D How do you like them apples? Beautiful aren't they! Are these on your most wanted list, or do you think they're overrated?

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Rachel! I'm glad they are not fake! And they are gorgeous!
    Can't wait to see you wearing them !!
    Hugz*
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to add more opi to my collection but you're right, it costs so much here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's so frustrating! I'm always looking on eBay for good deals, or waiting for ASOS to have a little sale on some of them. I refuse to pay full price for them, and haven't as of yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! I love finds like this. MAAH is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's been quite a few cheap polishes from the AIW collection on ebay recently. I bought AA for £8 but I'm worried it's fake. There are no signs it is really, but I'm dubious to buy any more. So tempted though. I need someone who knows there stuff to check it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend Traci did a post on fake MAAH, which will apply to AA too http://www.thetracefacephiles.com/2011/06/fake-opi.html

    ReplyDelete