Monday 6 February 2012

Tattoo Tag!

I asked a couple of people if I should do a tattoo tag, as it is another one of my addictions, as well as nail polish...obviously. I haven't gotten tattooed in a long time, and I miss it. But I should be getting one of my pieces finished soonish, so I thought now would be a good a time as any to show you some of them! If you're not interested in tattoos, then you don't have to read this! Also, if you aren't a huge fan of tattoos, then again - this isn't the post for you. If you are interested and love tattoos then keep on reading!

The Questions:


1.How many tattoos do you have?

At this moment in time, I have 9 tattoos in total, 3 of which go together, so 6.

2. What's your favourite tattoo you have?

My favourite tattoo, that isn't 'meaningful' to me has to be my Alice In Vegas tattoo that my boyfriend paid for me to have done on my 19th birthday. Alice In Wonderland is my all time favourite childhood film, so much so that when I was younger, my dad apparently found me in the garden dressed in my Alice costume, digging a hole. When he asked what I was doing, I simply replied 'going to find Wonderland'. Ahh, childhood naivety!

3. How old were you when you got your first tattoo?

I was actually 17 when I got my first tattoo. The legal age is 18, so I was a little bit rebellious. 

4. What do your parents think about your tattoo?

They weren't too happy when I got my first one done, but they've both come around to it as all of them (besides on my fingers) can all be covered up by clothes.

5. Does your boyfriend like your tattoos, if so what's his favourite?

Yes, he does like them, at least I hope he does. I'm not too sure of his favourite one. I know he likes my Alice In Vegas one and also my roses. He doesn't want me getting anymore though, he thinks this is enough.

6. Did you always have a love for tattoos and what was your inspiration?

I've always been fascinated by tattoos and the stories behind them. I used to see pictures of rock stars and famous people with them and think they looked amazing. I also used to watch a lot of the tattoo shows, and fell in love with Kat Von D - but who hasn't right?

7. Do you plan on getting more tattoos in the future?

Definitely. I plan to get my AIV one finished as soon as possible and then maybe get one or two more after that. 

8. Which tattoo would you say was the most painful?

My most painful tattoo is most definitely the one on my foot. Maybe because it was the first one I ever had done, so all of them afterwards I sort of knew what to expect. But I also have VERY sensitive feet, so that could have had an effect too!

9. Do you regret any of your tattoo's and why?

Not at this moment in time, no. But I'm still young and they're all relatively new. Maybe in the future, I don't know.

10. What was your least painful tattoo?

My least painful tattoo is probably the one on my left hip. I didn't really feel a thing, just a dull, numbing feeling.

11. Who would you you like to tag?

Everyone and anyone who has a tattoo! Leave your links below and I will check them out :)

My Tattoos (In order of getting them & their meanings)

First of all, excuse the gross foot shot! This is the first tattoo I ever got, which I actually designed myself. I got this in memory of my best friend who was suddenly taken from me in a car accident. The notes are taken from the chorus of the song Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Our favourite song.

The next one I got is this one. I'm a strong believer in Karma, and that things will eventually work in your favour if you do good deeds, as well as believing that if you're a dick to people, Karma will come back around and bite you on the ass. The only thing I don't like about this tattoo is that the 'r' and 'm' look too far apart. A lot of people thought it said 'Karina' at first, which is my middle name. So it works out either way. Ha!

This next one I got in memory of my Great Grandad. He was my absolute Best Friend growing up and we did everything together. I got this to always remember him, he is the angel on my shoulders!

Here is the next one! Excuse the almost belly shot, it isn't pretty for anyone! Also when this was taken there was still a little bit of bruising, which is why it's looking a little bit yellow/red. There isn't really a reason as to why I got this, I just love the look of it...Is that a crime?

This one pretty much speaks for itself! I got this done with my Best Friend who also had the same thing done. We always used to draw moustaches on our faces when we were on nights out, so instead of having to do this all the time, we got one tattooed on our fingers instead!

This I got after finishing my A levels at college. I had a rough couple of years at college with personal issues, so my work suffered a lot and I had to miss a lot of class. Even with all this going on, I still managed to come out with good grades! 'Veni, Vidi, Vici' is the Latin term for 'I came, I saw, I conquered'



So here you have it, my tattoos! What are your opinions on tattoos? Do you have any yourself? Let me know in the comments! Also leave me your link if you do this tag too, I'd love to see what you have.


10 comments:

  1. Hooray For Tattoos!!! I Have To Figure Out How To Work My Blog, Then
    You Can Tag Me, I Have No Clue How To Post Anything... LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha awh Jess bless you! It's so easy once you know how. Maybe you have the newer blogger version, that confuses me too, so I use the old version, so much simpler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ink!! I have 32 tattoos (26 are stars sprinkled up my arm and shoulder so really only 7!), I wish I blogged so you could tag me! Thanks for sharing and I really want you to go get some work done on your Alice so we can see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tats!!! They are beautiful!! I love tats, but I do get that they are not for everyone. Freedom of expression, right? I have 4, the biggest one is my "tramp stamp" which is a wiccan symbol my husband drew for me. I don't have a pic of it on this computer yet, but will try to post one soon. I love your Alice, she is one of my favs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole NailPolishWars7 February 2012 at 05:47

    I love the Alice in Wonderland design! (I collect Cheshire Cat items!)
    Oh! I nominated you for an award!!!
    http://www.nailpolishwars.com/2012/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I never get around to posting these, I have so many I need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly! They're not harming anyone, so there's no need for haters haha. Ooh, yes get a picture! I love seeing tattoos

    ReplyDelete
  8. 26 stars! Wow that's a lot. You should totally start a blog, even to just do this tag! I want to see them :) I'll get my Alic tat done asap :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those tattoos are the gorgeous!
    Love the music one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tattoos! I'm too much of a sissy when it comes to needles and pain to get one. Although I have thought about it before. If I ever got one it would either be they lips and tongue from the Rolling Stones or a pin-up girl from the 40's. I think your mustache one is frickin hilarious! The wings for you grandpa are so sweet, your Veni, vidi, vici is so unique and I love Alice....I like them all!

    ReplyDelete