Thursday 10 November 2011

Day 6: Violet Nails

Before I start, I'm currently looking for a few guest bloggers to post for me whilst I'm away. To find out more click HERE.

So, back to the post! Today is Purple nails day and for this I decided to use BarryM's Bright Purple & Berry Ice Cream, Saffron London in colour 05 and E.L.F's Matte Finisher.
I was originally just going to have a block colour of BarryM's Bright Purple, but I then decided to jazz it up a little with some Stripes & Glitter.
After doing so, I found with the creaminess of the polishes and the combination of the glitter, I found it to be a bit to shiny, so that's where the Matte Finisher came in handy! I was pretty pleased with how they looked when finished (minus the tiny little smudges that occurred). I just can't seem to give my nails enough time to just get their 'dry on'. Impatience is one of my fatal flaws, that's for sure.
Hopefully, when I get onto the more complicated ones I'll be able to do a step by step guide, if the lighting isn't dull and I have enough time, it gets dark at around 4.30pm in England now....BOO! I hate Winter.


5 comments:

  1. lovely, i love purple! haha. you should try the sally hansen insta-dri topcoat, it dries your nails in 30 seconds :)

    Dara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have that where I live :\, not in my town anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sally one, but I also like revlon's! not too sure if you have that, though..?

    anyway, I love purple & glitter, so I love this combination!:]

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww cute design! as for quick drying topcoats, try NYC its cheap and cheerful and states it dries in 30 seconds, but its more like 60! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sarah; we do have Revlon over here, but I haven't seen their quick dry, I'll have a look though! Thanks

    @Charlie; Oh, I'll have to nip to superdrug and have a look to see if we have any in our store! ^.^

    Thanks guys :)

    ReplyDelete