Thursday 17 November 2011

Day 13: Animal Print

Hi! I'm Juliet and I blog over at ever so juliet.

I was really pleased to be picked as a guest blogger - thanks so much Rachel-Karina! I'm going to continue the 31 Day Challenge, and show you my take on animal print...


Leopard print is one of the EASIEST nail art effects to do - it's really quick and easy to do, you can use any colours that you have, and you don't have to be really neat for it to look good!  Here's how you do it.


Step 1. Paint your nails a base colour. I've gone for a light yellow (so the leopard print effect will really stand out). I'm using Models Own lemon meringue which I really like, it goes on smoothly and doesn't need too many coats.


Step 2. Once your base is dry you can start adding the little splodges that make up the spots! I've gone for a lilac colour (so used two coats on each dot) and place these randomly around each nail. Try to leave space between each dot (better to have only a few than too many!), and put them in a slightly different position on each nail.



Step 3. Try to wait until these spots are totally dry (shouldn't take too long) then get your nail pen, kirby grip or cocktail stick (all are brilliant for this!) to draw little circles, c-shapes and dots around each of your splodges. Don't worry about being neat - this looks best when each nail is different and a little uneven.

Once you've drawn round all of your splodges, fill in any gaps with little black dots or c-shapes.


& that's it! It takes about 15 minutes (if that) and most of the time is spend waiting on the different layers to dry.


Juliet x

4 comments:

  1. Aww love the mix of colours here chick! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours go so well together! Can I ask where you got that Crayola pen from? I must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie - it's from Walmart in America (guttingly), I wish I had stocked up on more as I'm not sure if you can get it over here. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I had a feeling it'd be from america! :( it looks great, I really want one!

    ReplyDelete