Wednesday 23 November 2011

GOSH - Gasoline

Today's swatch I have for you is GOSH - Gasoline. I've seen this floating around the blogging community for quite a while and I always thought it looked amazing in the pictures. I instantly started to lust over it, but always held back on buying it. For some reason, I always seemed to be put off by the price, £5. They looked tiny on pictures and I couldn't justify spending that amount on a little bottle of polish, however, since splurging on Models Own polishes at £5 a piece I thought I'd take the plunge. Not to mention these were 3 for 2 in Superdrug - definitely worth the spend.
For some reason, in the bottle it looks like it's almost matte, which isn't the case when applied to the nails. This seems to be one of the hardest polishes to capture it's true colour, neither of the swatches below are able to capture it's life like colour. The photo below is 3 coats & you can still see my nail line.


As it's the end of November and I live in the UK, sunshine doesn't exist. The only 'natural' light we get outside is Grey overcast, urgh. But anyway, on to the colour....Gasoline is a jelly based shimmer, I say shimmer as the flecks inside aren't grit enough to be a glitter, in my opinion anyway. The base colour is a dark magenta with a blueish/purple shimmer, which I think gives it that lighter looking effect. On closer inspection I've also found it to have tiny flecks of holographic glitter. The application is a bit hit and miss, as it can be gloopy at times and the first coat does apply sheer too but overall I do like this colour, maybe not as much as I'd have liked to though.

Application: 7/10
Pigmentation: 6/10
Coats: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment