Wednesday 2 January 2013

ABC Challenge: B is for Butter London

Hi ladies, me again! I'm back with the second post of the day this time with Butter London, you can see my first post with the introduction to the ABC challenge and All That Glitters for 'A's entry by clicking here. Or alternatively you could click here to see all posts for the ABC Challenge so far, because there's THAT many...Since I've already introduced the Challenge and all that jazz, I won't ramble on aimlessly. So let's get into the swatches shall we..






Scouse is a Royal Blue/Purple/Pink Duochrome which is built up of Blue, Purple and Pink flakies which dries to a Satin finish. I was actually surprised at how sheer this polish is, it took 3 coats to reach full opacity, which is unusual for such a dark polish, I guess that has something to do with the flakies inside the polish. This is Scouse without a Base or Top Coat.



Brummie is a Bright Purple Creme which dries to a Rubber finish. I had to use 3 coats of Brummie to reach full opacity and to cover the odd patches from the second coat. This is Brummie without a Base or Top Coat.

We seemed to have had a little 'accent' post going on here, which wasn't even intended. For those of you not from the UK, A 'Scouse' is the British Slang for the people and accent of Liverpool and a 'Brummie' is British Slang for the people and accent of Birmingham. I also believe both polishes featured above are US exclusives, with Brummie only being sold at Macy's but I was fortunate enough to receive these in a Secret Santa package a group I'm in was hosting. 
Which brand would have been your pick for 'B'? Let me know in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg , i really need to get one of that brand ..
    Really pretty *
    http://diariodeumaviciadaemmoda.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am in love with Scouse <3 So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scouse is such a beautiful polish! Great job swatching it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scouse is WOW! Greetings from Bulgaria! http://kati-kz.blogspot.com/2013/01/butterfly-manicure.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both! Butter London is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen a lot of pics of Scouse but none that really show the duochrome this nicely, love it!!

    ReplyDelete