Monday 14 January 2013

ABC Challenge; K is for KBShimmer

Hi ladies! I'm back again on this cold, snowy January day with the first of 2 ABC Challenge posts to show you. You'll notice that in this and the next post there is a running theme of snow....considering Debbie from The Crumpet sent all 4 of these polishes to me almost 2 weeks ago and today saw the first bit of heavy snow we've had since last Christmas, I'd say it was pretty freaky...almost as if she'd planned it!
Anyway, enough superstitions, let's get into the swatches!




The Square is exactly what it says on the tin - a Purple jelly base packed with various sized and coloured squares! I originally planned to layer this over a base colour, but I wanted to see it's full potential on the nail. This is 3 coats of The Square without underwear or a top coat. I absolutely LOVE this polish and plan on adding it straight to my collection next pay day!



Snow Way! is a creamy Sky Blue base packed with White and Iridescent glitters of various shapes and sizes. I first tried to apply this polish alone, but soon found it to be too clumpy for my liking, so instead I layered 2 coats of Snow Way! over OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls without a top coat. You'll have to excuse the lobster hands in this photo, due to the cold weather the conservatory I take my photos in could rival Antarctica as the coldest place on earth.


Which brand would you have chosen as your choice for K? Remember to click here to see all previous ABC Challenge posts and stay tuned for L coming later this evening!

5 comments:

  1. I love The Square! Two of my loves combined, purple, and square glitters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the snow way!! Cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Snow Way! Such an awesome polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both very pretty!

    ReplyDelete