Monday 7 January 2013

ABC Challenge: E is for Essence

Hi ladies! I was pretty stuck with which polishes to show you today, as I only own either Essence or Essie, since I've already posted swatches of various Essie polishes, I thought it was about time I gave Essence a spot in the limelight. Similar to Catrice, Essence is another European brand which hasn't seemed to make its way over to the UK yet so I have to rely on fellow Europeans for swaps or purchases to get my hands on some. I only have 4 Essence polishes, as you can imagine I was spoilt for choice...But these are the 2 (technically 3) which made the cut.




Viva La Green is a Jade Green creme. That's all there is to really say about this polish, it applied well and was opaque in 3 coats, 2 coats still showing a few patches/streaks. This is without a base/top coat.




Time For Romance is a dusty Rose Jelly base packed with large hexagonal glitters and smaller glitter particles. For the photos above I layered one coat of Time For Romance over Essence - Movie Star (see, 3 polishes). TFR could be built up to be worn alone, due to the tinted Jelly base, but I'm rarely one for wearing a pure glitter mani. This is Time For Romance without a Top coat.


Which would your 'E' picks be? As I mentioned I only own 2 E brands, so I didn't have much to choose from! Look out for 'F' coming later this evening! To see all previous posts from the ABC Challenge, click here!

6 comments:

  1. I love essence, and those colors are VERY pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an Essence..but I really am loving your Time for Romance..gorgeous choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have picked Essie since I'm loving their colours and I'm not keen with My Essence polishes.
    But looking At The swatches is à reminder to wear them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only "E" polishes I have are Essie and ELF so I'm sure I would have gone with Essie. I just have more variety to pick from. I would however like to try Essence. They look like they have cute colors and I've never heard anything bad about them.

    ReplyDelete