Monday 21 January 2013

ABC Challenge: Q is for Q.R.S

Hi ladies! It's Monday, which means it's time for the first of today's ABC Challenge entries. This post very nearly didn't make it into the challenge this afternoon because up until an hour or so ago, I didn't have any brands beginning with Q. I had ordered these at the beginning of the month and was beginning to think that they were never going to arrive even close to when I needed them, but by some miracle, they arrived this morning. Luckily, due to the UK going into lock down due to the snow, I wasn't able to make it into work today which meant I was able to swatch them during daylight AND because I'm so organised, I had forgotten to schedule the post for R explaining why there was no Q entry today....lucky for me I didn't.

Also, you'll see that I pretty much have identical polishes to show you, this is what happens when there are no swatch photos and bad stock photos. Okay, I've rambled more than enough and I'm not even sure it makes sense, I blame it on my completely frazzled brain...so let's just get onto the swatches.



Magic Spell is a clear jelly base packed with tiny Green glitters and added large & medium Holographic hex glitters. There are also Holo stars scattered throughout the polish, but no matter how much I fished for them they just would not load onto the brush. I layered Magic Spell over 1 coat of W7 - Black, but I imagine this can be worn alone with two/three coats.



Dorothy & Oz is again a clear jelly based but instead of Green, it's packed full of tiny Red glitters with large & medium sized holo hexes and holo stars. Again, I applied one coat of Dorothy & Oz over W7 - Black but it can be layered up to be worn alone.

So there you have my entry for Q, I apologise for the scrambled post and poor photos. I was awoken abruptly from a Nightmare this morning and my mind hasn't fully recovered yet. Hopefully I'll get my act together in time for posting R's entry.

4 comments:

  1. So they arrived eventually! YAY!!!!!
    Actually you picked some real nice polishes! I really like how they look on you. Both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors look so magical! I love the application of the glitter i know it can be challenging sometimes. Beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors look so magical! I love the application of the glitter i know it can be challenging sometimes. Beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete