Saturday 15 September 2012

Swatch: Killer Colours - Belladonna & Firewater


Hi ladies! Wow, September really is my blogging month! I hope you're not sick to death of me yet. As you may know, I'm a huge supporter of British brands so today I have a new British brand to show you, Killer Colours. Killer Colours officially launched their collection at the beginning of this month with their range consisting of 5 fashion ready shades. Before I get into the swatches, I want to give you a bit of background into the Killer Colours brand.

"Like the best ideas, our brand story is simple: Killer Colours collaborates with fashion insiders and trend forecasters to bring you what's hot this month...this week...this very minute. The 5 Killer Colours are today's absolute 'must haves' and every one is a limited edition so when stock is gone, it's really gone - Killer Colours is already on to the next micro-trend. 

The Killer Colours professional formula contains intense pigments for rich, deep colour payoff. A blend of 4 plasticisers provides the ideal 'flex' on the nail to prevent chipping, flaking or peeling. It is big 3-free and was proudly created and made in the UK"

The thing that interests yet confuses me at the same time about Killer Colours, is the fact that all of their shades will be limited edition, I've never seen that in a brand before. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, sure it's a good thing that they will constantly be bringing out new and exciting shades to match the seasons fashion trends, but a bad thing because you'll never be able to buy a certain shade again once it's gone. I guess it's a matter of preference as to which category you're in.

Let's get into the swatches shall we?! All swatches below are taken indoors in natural light without a base or top coat.




Image from Killer Colours.com

What I say; Belladonna is a super pigmented Indigo Blue creme. Although it applies streaky on the first coat, it evens out with the second. I applied 3 coats of Belladonna overall for full opacity. I had no issues with the formula in terms of thickness or being too thin, it applied smoothly and dried within minutes. I did notice that there was slight bubbling in the polish, but that may have been due to me applying near an open window.

What Killer Colours say; "Designed as the soulmate of Chanel's blue crystal eyebrow - this blue will electrify your fingertips"

Where Killer Colours saw it;
  • CRYSTAL BLUE BROWS AT CHANEL
  • ELECTRIC BLUE FINGERNAILS AT ERDEM
  • BRILLIANT BLUE LASHES AND SKATER DRESSES AT STELLA MCCARTNEY




Image from Killer Colours.com

What I say; Firewater is a deep Berry Red with an almost Jelly like finish. As pigmented as it is shiny, Firewater, although not as streaky as Belladonna, still has some slight patching with the first coat but it evens out nicely with the second. I applied 3 coats of Firewater for the photos above. Again, I had no trouble with the formula in terms of it being too thick or too thin and the drying time was spot on.

What Killer Colours say; "Because it's all about being 'matchy matchy' this autumn we decided to provide you with one half of this season's perfect couple - the red wine nail...to go with the burgundy lip of course!"

Where Killer Colours saw it;
  • BADGLEY MISCHKA LIPS (& ON THE EYES TOO)
  • WINE STAINED LIPS AT NICOLE FARHI
  • GOTHIC LIPS AT GUCCI


Overall, I'm impressed with Killer Colours nail polishes and I can't wait to see what they come out with in the future. Killer Colours are available for purchase on their website at £9 each for 10ml of product and come in 5 shades; Twisted Silk, Gunmetal, Quicksand and of course Belladonna & Firewater. There's also FREE UK DELIVERY on all orders also if you enter the code RK01 at the checkout, you will receive 15% off of your order!!! As I said before, these are all Limited Edition shades, so grab them whilst you still can! To make sure you don't miss out on announcements and new collections, be sure to follow Killer Colours on Facebook & Twitter.



1 comment:

  1. Your review is great and I absolutely love your swatches however I have a problem with this brand. there is a YT blogger who has been using the same name for a very long time and this company just stole it from her. As a blogger I can't support company like this :-/

    ReplyDelete