Sunday 23 September 2012

Challenge: Day 23 - Inspired By A Movie


Hi ladies, it's movie day! I was so excited about today's challenge, because I am a HUGE movie buff. My boyfriend and I watch so many movies together that we regularly run out of options. That being said, I didn't know what I wanted to do for today's challenge...until I saw Toy Story on one of the movie channels. Toy Story has to be one of my all time favourite films from my childhood, but I know a lot of people have done Toy Story nails in the past. So I thought I would spice it up a little by doing 'Pixar' inspired nails. I used Acrylic paint for all of the characters, but a different base for each nail, from Index - Pinkie I used; Wet N Wild - Black Creme, OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls, BarryM - Cyan Blue & OPI - Your Palapa Or Mine?





If you're unsure of the characters and their origin, I have Mr. Potato Head from the Toy Story films on my Index finger, Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc on my Middle finger, Dory from Finding Nemo on my Ring finger and Flik from A Bugs Life on my Pinkie. So there you have my Pixar inspired nails for Movie day, I'm quite pleased with how they turned out, especially since I lack in the nail art department! What do you think to them? Remember, those of you wanting to add the inlinkz to your own posts, click here to be taken to the google doc with everything you'll need for the next 30 days!


Untrieds Used;
OPI - Your Palapa Or Mine?

9 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest thing, especially the Dory nail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These nails make me happy. Great job! I really like that you did Flik!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the nails, they came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, these are amazing! I love the idea and they look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, you are so talented! I LOVE Pixar movies, so this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cool! My husband and I were just talking how much better Pixar movies are then Disney mainly because they are horribly sad and are all different stort lines!

    ReplyDelete