Monday 24 September 2012

Challenge: Day 24 - Inspired By A Book


Hi ladies! The end is almost here! I honestly can't believe I've made it to the 24th day and haven't thrown in the towel yet! If you saw my previous 31 Day Challenge attempt when I first started blogging, I gave up around day 12/13...quitter. Today's inspiration post comes from a book. Now I searched high and low for a book that 'inspired' me, and I was about to give up when I thought about 'The Mighty Book Of Boosh' which I bought a long time ago, but it was at my mums house. I knew that this was the book I wanted to do, since the cover is so colourful, so when I went to work on Friday, I stopped by my mums house to pick it up. For this mani, I applied the gradient technique with Purple Professional - 52*, OPI - Dim Sum Plum, beautyUK - Bon Bon*, Essie - Coat Azure and BarryM - Red Wine over a base of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I then used Black & White Acrylic paint for the 'eyes', which I messed up since they weren't supposed to be so big, and the mouth. The Pink 'stitching' is China Glaze - Pool Party.



The Mighty Book of Boosh cover.
So there you have my entry for Inspired By A Book, what do you think? I wish I hadn't have messed the eyes up as much, but oh well! Remember, those of you wanting to add the inlinkz to your own posts, click here to be taken to the google doc with everything you'll need for the next 30 days!


Untrieds Used;
Purple Professional - 52
OPI - Dim Sum Plum

5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome !!! I am pretty sure I have a dress that's similar to the book)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, that is awesome and that cover is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took my daughter to see these live , funniest thing I have ever seen ! Bouncy Bouncy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Oh My God! Someone who actually knows who the Boosh are :') They're so good live, I wish they hadn't stopped making it!

      Delete