Thursday 27 September 2012

Challenge: Day 27 - Inspired By Artwork



Hi ladies! Can you believe there's only 3 more mani's to do!? 4 if you're doing the original 31 days! I honestly can't believe I've actually made it this far and that there's still so many of you doing this along with me! Today is Inspired By Artwork, now I'm not really into 'art' as such, so I was a little stuck on what I was going to do, but I knew I wanted to think outside the box with this one. And think outside the box I did, hopefully. I chose my artwork based on British graffiti artist, Banksy, I think the majority of you will know who he is. I started off with a base of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls (shocker!!! I think I have used this polish in almost every challenge day, I need to get myself a back up) on my Index and Ring fingers, Color Club - Nomadic Nude on my middle finger and China Glaze - Concrete Catwalk on my pinkie finger. All the detailing was done using a nail art brush and Acrylic Paint.



The inspiration for my Index finger

The inspiration for my Middle finger

The inspiration for my Ring finger
I absolutely love Banksy and his art, it's so out there and of course, graffiti is somewhat illegal, so it makes the detailing even more amazing since there's only so much time to spare before you're caught. If you're interested in seeing more of Banksy's work, just type his name into google images! There's some amazing images on there! Remember, those of you wanting to add the inlinkz to your own posts, click here to be taken to the google doc with everything you'll need for the next 30 days!


Untrieds Used;
China Glaze - Concrete Catwalk

5 comments:

  1. Definitely outside of the box! This is pretty awesome! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I am a huge Banksy fan, and my sister has the girl letting go of the heart balloon tattooed on her forearm! Such a coincidence you picked that one : ) This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, I love street art! Your mani looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I also have the girl with the balloon tattooed on my wrist, I love Banksy art.

    ReplyDelete