Monday 17 September 2012

Challenge: Day 17 - Glitter


Hi ladies I have a big one for you today *that's what he said*. Since it's glitter day, and I have a mountain of Shimmer polishes that have yet to be swatched and shown, I thought I may as well kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak. Now this is going to be a pic heavy post, so I have taken the liberty to add a jump instead of the post completely lagging *I'm so gamer* out your computers/laptops/devices. Instead of posting the full 12 polishes now, I will post the first half for glitter day and the remainder as an extra to the challenge.

All of the swatches shown below were taken indoors in natural light and without a base or top coat (with the exception of coloured underwear). I've also tried to include photos from both my new (NC) and old (OC) cameras, as I haven't actually used my new camera for blogging yet since I'm still getting the hang of it, but I will mention which camera was used underneath the photos and if you could give me some feedback on which one you prefer, that would be awesome.


CLICK THE JUMP TO SEE THE SWATCHES & MY FELLOW CHALLENGERS POSTS FOR GLITTER DAY!


OC

NC

Macro

Bottle Macro
Vanessa* is a charcoal Grey glitter base packed with large Silver, Holographic & Red hex, smaller Green & Blue glitters as well as tiny Holographic particles. For the swatches above, I layered 2 coats of Vanessa over one coat of Models Own - Gun Grey.

OC

NC

Macro

Bottle Macro
Liana* is a Dark Blue glitter base packed with various sized Blue, Black & Holographic hex glitters as well as smaller Red & Green glitters. For the swatches above I applied 2 coats of Liana over one coat of Catrice - Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans.

OC

NC

Macro

Bottle Macro
Gerry* is a dark Purple glitter base packed with various sized Blue, Purple, Red, Teal & Holographic hex glitters as well as tiny Holographic particles. For the swatches above, I applied 2 coats of Gerry over 1 coat of Catrice - Heavy Metallic.

OC

NC

Macro

Bottle Macro
Linna* is a Green glitter base packed with large Red, Blue, Green & Gold hex glitters and smaller Green, Blue & Holographic hex glitters. For the swatches above I applied 2 coats of Linna over 1 coat of Catrice - Virgin Forest.

OC

NC

Macro

Bottle Shot
Tammy* is a Purple glitter base packed with various sized Purple, Black, Gold & Holographic glitters as well as Holographic bar glitters. For the swatches above I applied 1 coat of Tammy over 1 coat of China Glaze - Spontaneous.


OC

NC

Macro

Bottle macro
Airriann* is a Peach glitter base packed with various sized Red, Gold, Pink, Black & Holographic glitters. For the swatches above I applied 2 coats of Airriann over 1 coat of Catrice - Welcome To Roosywood.

So there you have part 1 of my Shimmer swatches, I will be posting the other half sometime over the next week, so stay tuned for those. Overall I am amazed by the quality of Shimmer polishes, not only do they apply SUPER easily, without any clumping, they also aren't really gritty and bumpy once they've dried. Shimmer polishes are available for purchase worldwide from her Etsy store at $12/£7.60 each for a 15ml bottle, she also takes custom orders! You can also find Cindy, the creator of Shimmer, via her blog or her Facebook page!

I hope you've enjoyed my entry for Day 17 - Glitter Nails, I apologise for it being super long, but since the glitters are gorgeous, you can forgive me right!? Remember, those of you wanting to add the inlinkz to your own posts, click here to be taken to the google doc with everything you'll need for the next 30 days!

Untrieds Used;
Shimmer - Vanessa
Shimmer - Gerry
Shimmer - Liana
Shimmer - Linna
Shimmer - Tammy
Shimmer - Airriann
Catrice - Virgin Forest
Catrice - Welcome To Roosywood


Products in the post marked with (*) have been sent to me by the company or their PR for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure page.

6 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful swatches of beautiful polishes. Great pics.

    You have no reason to apologize !
    lovenailpolish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the glitterbombs great swatches by the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all gorgeous!! I think Tammy is my favorite of the bunch though, I love the little bar glitters in there!

    ReplyDelete