Wednesday 19 September 2012

Challenge: Day 19 - Galaxy Nails



Hi ladies! It's GALAXY NAIL DAY!! This was one of the challenges I was looking forward to, though I haven't really tried them myself, I'm always in awe of galaxy nails, there's just something about them. I actually did this mani a while ago, just because I was SO excited to do them, so you'll notice all my nails are the same length since it was literally the day before I broke off the side of my index nail IN MY SLEEP?! So you'll have to excuse the messy swatches since I took them just to show my friend, thinking I would be re-taking them the next morning... Now, the downside? I sort of forgot what I used as I can't find the piece of paper I wrote it on! So HOPEFULLY this is right, if not and I find the paper, I will edit accordingly. I started off with a base using 2 coats of W7 - Black  and then using a make-up sponge, I added OPI - DS Magic, OPI - Yoga-ta Get This Blue, China Glaze - Sea Spray & LEX - Love Me More*. I then swiped over each nail with Catrice - Have An Ice Day and added various 'clusters' of Shimmer - Alice* then topped it off with stars I fished out of Nostalgic Lacquer - Pride. I then sealed everything in with China Glaze - No Chip topcoat - the irony since my polish didn't chip, my NAIL broke >.<



So there you have it, my favourite mani of the challenge but yet the most devastating one too! What do you think to my first attempt? Remember, those of you wanting to add the inlinkz to your own posts, click here to be taken to the google doc with everything you'll need for the next 30 days! 


Untrieds Used;
LEX - Love Me More
Catrice - Have An Ice Day
Shimmer - Alice




9 comments:

  1. this looks great - I really should try to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - boo about the nail! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the addition of the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the depth of colour you got in these is so amazing--and the little stars are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen some galaxies which are a bit meh but this one is totally, coolly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love galaxy nails! Yours are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete