Thursday 20 September 2012

Affordable UK Polishes for under £10!! (Part 1)

Hi ladies! I have something a little different for you today! If you're like me and have an unhealthy obsession with Nail Polish and want to stay 'current' without breaking the bank, then this is the post for you! I'm going to show you 10 UK drugstore/supermarket brands, all of which are available for under £10! Sorry international ladies, this will only feature UK drugstore polishes, I will however, be including links to any retailers that carry the brands and offer international shipping! So you're not completely left out! I do plan on doing a US/European post soon, so if you have a favourite, affordable brand you love, contact me at polishedcriminails@gmail.com!

My failed attempt at a £ sign!

This is going to be a two part post, just because it's going to be SUPER long and I don't want you falling asleep half way though! So I will be showing the first 5 brands availabe for under £5 today and the other 5 brands available for £6 - £10 tomorrow. I have ordered them by price, with the cheapest being first. Enough of my rambling, lets get onto the post!



First up is the cheapest brand I've found, MUA (Makeup Academy). MUA Nail polishes retail between £1 - £2.99 depending on the variants of Nail Polish. For example, their regular line is priced at £1 each (6.2ml), Love Hearts £2 each (6.8ml) and their Quake/Glitter Quake range are £2.99 each (10ml). Overall, I'm impressed with MUA's Nail Polish line, although the formula is a little thick and the brush/bottles are so small, it didn't chip as quick as I thought it would, but for £1-£3 they are definitely worth the money. However, I haven't actually tried their Quake/Glitter Quake polishes, as I'm not a fan of Crackle, so I can't comment on those. If you have, leave me a comment saying how you found them!
MUA can be purchased through their website (which offers international shipping) alternatively, you can find MUA at your local Superdrug store! Keep up with the latest MUA offers/releases by following them on Facebook & Twitter!


Next up we have Collection 2000! Collection 2000 polishes retail for £1.79 for their 'Hot Looks' line or £2.99 for their 'Lasting Colour' line. As with MUA, I have only tried their 'Hot Looks' range, so I can't comment on the 'Lasting Colour' range, but overall I am impressed with the formula of 'Hot Looks' polishes, they apply well and usually only need 2 or 3 coats, they dry within minutes too. My only qualm with the 'Hot Looks' polishes is the brush! They're a bit too wide for my liking, especially for the size of the bottle, I tend to catch the odd bristle when placing it back into the polish. They're definitely worth the £1.79 price tag, though!
Unfortunately, you can't purchase Collection 2000 directly from their website, but they are available to purchase at Boots and Superdrug stores, however, neither stores ship internationally. Sorry ladies!


NYC or New York Color, isn't technically a 'UK' brand, but it is sold in our Drugstores. NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment