Saturday 22 September 2012

Challenge: Day 22 - Inspired By A Song


Hi ladies! How is everyone today? I had a pretty interesting terrifying start to the day on my way to work this morning when I was literally inches away from being squished by a huge lorry who didn't bother to look or slow down going on to the roundabout which I was currently going around, luckily my boyfriends dad is a morning person and has super human reflexes. So we had a near miss with death, but none of us were hurt or injured, which is amazing. Anyway, back to today's mani, which is Inspired By A Song. I chose to honour this song which is probably one of my favourite songs from my childhood/early teenage years. Starting from my Index finger, I used; GOSH - Hot Coral as a base, then with striping tape I sectioned off thin lines and painted over with Wet N Wild - Black Creme. For my middle finger I used a base of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls and stamped over using MASH Nails stamping polish in Black* and BM-322, My ring finger I used a base of Wet N Wild - Black Creme then in acrylic paint using a small nail art brush I added in the words 'Rocksteady' and 'No Doubt' and finally for my pinkie, I painted on a base of OPI - Animal-Istic and using the same acrylic paint and nail art brush painted 'Hey Baby'.



Snapshots from the video I got my inspiration from.

So there you have my mani for Inspired by a Song, how many of you will have this in your head now? It's literally been in my head since I painted this mani, I love Gwen Stefani and I LOVE No Doubt, ever since I first heard 'Don't Speak' and I was actually pretttty young (4/5 years old) when that was first released! Remember, those of you wanting to add the inlinkz to your own posts, click here to be taken to the google doc with everything you'll need for the next 30 days!


Untrieds Used;
GOSH - Hot Coral
OPI - Animal-Istic

Products in the post marked with (*) have been sent to me by the company or their PR for my honest review. For more information, please see my disclosure page.

6 comments:

  1. This is so awesome and creative, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for No Doubt nails! I love this mani! And I'm glad nobody got hurt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look amazing! I love the No Doubt theme! I now have that song stuck in my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this song.. I've had so much fun listening to all the youtube clips people have added to their posts as their inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete