Thursday 20 September 2012

Challenge: Day 20 - Water Marble


Hi ladies! We're at the most dreaded part of the whole challenge, for me anyway and I know for a lot of other bloggers too. I've always avoided doing water marble mani's because quite frankly, it looks HARD. But since there was no way I could avoid it during the challenge, I have been practising and practising to try and get a half decent mani. Every time I did a water marble, it came out as mush on my nails, until I thought I would try using luke-warm water. So I added some bottled water into the kettle and boiled it slightly, I then added the water into a glass and let it cool a little. Whilst the water was cooling, I painted my nails with a base of OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls, once the water was at the desired temperature, I added in Models Own - Peach Puff, Essie - Lilacism, Nails Inc - Power Pink and Essie - Cute As A Button. The polishes didn't separate as much as I'd hoped they would, but I went along with it anyways. This is how it turned out, Oh and I added a coat of MASH Nails - Matte Top Coat* to take out the shine;



As you can see, it didn't turn out amazing especially my middle finger, but it was the best water marble I did out of all the practise runs I had and of course, they wouldn't be my nails if I didn't manage to smudge/dint them somehow, which I did to my index and ring finger on the side of the glass *sigh*. Remember, those of you wanting to add the inlinkz to your own posts, click here to be taken to the google doc with everything you'll need for the next 30 days!


Untrieds Used;
Essie - Lilacism
Essie - Cute As A Button
Nails Inc - Power Pink


3 comments:

  1. I feel you on the smudging! Today I painstakenly applied 3 coats of a yellow creme polish and I was waiting for it to set when the baby started crying - oy! Your marble looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors together! And psst -shifty eyes- I think they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it matte. Funny, your middle finger was my favorite nail this time.

    ReplyDelete